Senior Mice Sales Manager– Meetings & Events
A vibrant, fast growing DMC, particularly attentive to market changes and capable of adapting to them by always adopting new and dynamic solutions.
We offer comprehensive ground handling services in London and throughout the UK and Ireland for touring groups, special interest groups, Conferences and Incentives. Our main markets are France, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain and South America. Our head office is based in Central London where we operate with our team of 22 multi lingual experts, all passionate in their destination markets. The additional operational offices in Edinburgh, Dublin and Miami complete a strong team of more than 50 people.
This role can be based in either our London/Dublin/Edinburgh offices.
Key skills required:
• Fluency in English and one additional language (French ideal) are essential and a third language would be advantageous
• A creative and proactive individual with a passion for MICE sales, you will have responsibility for implementing the MICE strategy for the company, achieving and exceeding financial targets, developing and implementing, with the marketing manager, marketing strategies which promote the image of DMC to key markets, cementing existing and developing new relationships with key stakeholders.
• A minimum of 5 years experience working for a DMC, an international conference & Event organiser, or an international Hotel dedicated to MICE, with a proven selection of key contacts in the market of expertise.
• Good knowledge of the UK & Ireland and USA as a destination
• Knowledge of the products that are offered, Hotels, restaurants, venues, attractions etc.
• Excellent numeracy skills and financially aware
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
• Excellent communication and persuasive skills at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure, to work independently and be goals and target driven.
• Ability to travel extensively abroad and to the UK and Ireland offices when necessary
Summary of Role:
• You will be directly responsible for sourcing, developing and account managing MICE clients from designated markets with a broad geographical remit.
• You will be required to take a proactive approach to sales, anticipating potential opportunities and developing new ones, as well as developing strategic plans for growth in the different source markets of responsibility.
• You will conduct a consistent number of proactive sales activities (including business trips, appointments, telephone calls, site inspections, attendance at dedicated trade shows and client entertainment).
• You will be responsible to increase awareness and overall business within your markets for DMC.
• To create a logical and proactive yearly sales strategy for MICE with concise measurable and clear goals to achieve growth based on agreed financial targets
• To effectively grow our market share by cementing relationships and creating new strategical partnerships with key stakeholders in the relevant markets.
• To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all clients.
• To lead at trade fairs and to be the face of the company in your market of responsibility.
• To build strong working relationships with the various BDM’s and operations team, ensuring that the enquiries being sent to us are of good quality and that quotes created are fulfilling the client’s requirements.
• To ensure that you have good knowledge of the services that are offered.
• To actively participate in setting the financial targets for the Mice segment.
• Review sales and revenue generating business plans, identify gaps, ensure proactive measures to win new MICE opportunities and meet set targets.
• Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure company continues to grow its awareness as a leader in the Meetings & Events business.