Python Software Developer
We are now looking for a talented software developer with a Pythonic mindset and experience of delivering collaborative projects in Python based in Cambridge to join a brand-new Scrum team. The role would involve developing and maintaining software tools used to manage the data critical to the projects, alongside experienced developers, testers & application specialists. The technology stack is Python-based and uses several open source tools and libraries.
As part of a new team your responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to support internal projects
- Develop new tools and frameworks along with maintenance of existing internal products
- Integration of products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
- Be a role model for good development practices and new processes within the research team
You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated software developer with a deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals and good practice, a desire to produce high-quality code, and an interest in working on brand new solutions. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, can determine which problem to take on next and gets stuff done.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A Pythonic mindset with experience delivering collaborative projects in Python
- Comfortable with Mercurial or Git
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with python test frameworks, writing unit and integration tests.
- A commitment to produce effective, well-documented, reusable code
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative development
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.