Production Technician – Level 1
Fantastic opportunity for a Production Technician Mechanical / Electrical experience to Assemble and test all products, electrical, mechanical or electro/mechanical as required by the demands identified via the production build forecasts and the sales demands and communicated by the Production Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate machines and production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Assemble and test all products, electrical, mechanical or electro/mechanical as required by the demands identified via the production build forecasts and the sales demands and communicated by the Production Supervisor, X-Ray.
- Carry out all duties in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that best practice is maintained at all times.
- Maintenance of health and safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
- Maintenance of Management System procedures for the areas of responsibility that demonstrate compliance with the specified requirements of BS EN ISO9000:2000
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Application of team working ethic at all times and ensuring support for other/all members of the Production Team and related departments.
- Involvement in packing and despatch.
- Assist in the introduction of new products and processes.
- Ensure all non-conformances, quality and assembly issues are informed to the Production Supervisor, X-Ray in a timely manner.
LEVEL 1 - CRITERIA
- A new employee still developing experience in a limited number of areas of production.
- An existing employee potentially capable of working in other areas but not without significant support or training.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT - Essential
- Reasonable level of education.
- Mechanical/electrical experience.
- Electro/mechanical qualification.
- Manual handling.
- Previous experience in a similar organisation.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES - Essential
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible, proactive and the ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with and contributing within a team environment.
- Occasional travel may be required