Product Manager Semiconducton
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Product Manager with Capital Equipment or X Ray Inspection experience to oversee the Semiconductor X Ray Inspection product range to maximise revenue, share and margin. You will also coordinate future market needs, develop and present product specifications to Sales, R&D, engineering, operations, service and general management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with the Business Director Inspection Products, develop annual and strategic product and marketing plans.
- Develop and present marketing and business proposals for emerging markets and applications for X Ray products.
- Define, construct and manage the X-ray price lists and optimize pricing.
- Together with Service management manage the product life cycle for X ray and maximize aftermarket revenue.
- Define and generate sales documents such as brochures, application notes, specification data sheets, web information and other promotional activities.
- Manage and communicate relevant market intelligence, ideas, competitive activity and other relevant information to development, sales, service and applications.
- Attend and support trade shows and seminars as needed.
- Generate and present original technical articles and papers for shows, magazines and at seminars.
- Support sales with customer visits and presentations.
- Provide product training for staff and representatives.
- Maintain competitor information, gather market intelligence on competitors and generate comparisons to help the field sales staff as needed.
- Together with the applications team run customer demonstrations and applications work.
- Assist production engineering and customer support in evaluations and other tasks involving field co-ordination.
- Provide software testing, proving and final acceptance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Experienced in a product management role of capital equipment.
- Experience in the semiconductor and/or the PCB manufacturing industries.
- Experience in X Ray inspection or related inspection or capital equipment.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a scientific, engineering or business discipline. MBA is preferred.
- Experience in Asia/Japan regions.
- Experience in working in a matrix structure.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of and experience with CRM systems specifically Salesforce.com
- Ability to organize and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and the ability to make decisions.
- Regular travel to suppliers, customers and other sites both in the UK and overseas.