This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Operations Technician with in the Oil & Gas industry to undertake safe and efficient operations and operational maintenance and inspection of the condensate Disposal system, and (BGY) Fuel Gas pipeline, and all associated Above Ground Installations (AGI’s).
- Throughput of North Sea Gas Condensate from Group Operators to North Walsham Railhead, amounting to circa. 300kM3 per annum, with seasonal peak demands.
- Monitoring, Inspection & Maintenance of Major Accident Hazard Pipeline
- Work seasonal shifts and week-end work periods as required.
- Operational duties associated with pipeline pumping, tank-farm movements and railhead loading.
- To ensure that the daily pumping programme meets Group operator expectations with respect to their own tank ullage management.
- Supervise Rail Operator train delivery, inspection and despatch procedures.
- Maintain operational site & pipeline inspection and maintenance schedules and records for BNW & BGY systems. Perform duties in accordance with the BNW Condensate disposal system and BGY schedules.
- Supervise colleagues and contractors in safe systems of work, including risk assessment and gas testing procedures. Issue of Mechanical Isolation Certificates for maintenance works
- Respond to pipeline emergency incidents, protecting client interests at all times.
- Produce daily pumping programmes according to each Group Operator tank-farm status and to optimise NWA storage capacity.
- Prioritise and undertake operational maintenance and inspection work patterns taking due account of throughput demand and pipeline & Terminal protection.
- Offer recommendations on rail scheduling to meet throughput demands.
Contact with Others
- Direct interface with Group operator clients and their organisational staff for pipeline movements and with downstream organisations including receiving refinery, Petrochem Carless, and Rail Operator.
- Team player with ability to participate at local level.
- Emergency authorities when dealing with pipeline and depot emergency exercises and incidents
Knowledge and Experience
- Operational experience in oil, gas or other bulk processing industry preferred.
- Mechanical maintenance experience preferred.
- Knowledge and a working understanding of the risk assessment process and safe systems of work.
- Basic PC skills are essential for updating spreadsheets, using a computerised maintenance system and sending E-mails.