Looking for an experienced Mechanical Technician with general workshop machining experience to assemble and test new designs and test rigs from verbal and written instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and use test rigs to prove new design concepts.
- Modify components as required or as instructed when proving designs.
- Keep records of design modifications and test results.
- Make necessary calculations when making and assembling components.
- Work with bills of materials and assembly drawings for designs and record any modifications.
- Assist with the handover of new products and associated training of the production personnel.
- Calculate, check or make account of tolerances when assembling parts.
- Operate general machine and hand tools in pursuance of their work, e.g. lathe, mill, grinders.
- Work to agree timescales.
- Make sketches of assemblies and piece parts.
- Write technical reports.
- Work in accordance with the company health and safety requirements.
- Travel world-wide as required in support of products and projects.
- Support released designs in production and in the field.
- Help to keep the work environment clean and safe.
- Direct contact with suppliers, e.g. when sourcing component parts and materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT - Essential
- ONC, Apprenticeship or equivalent in relevant area.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experienced use of general workshop machinery i.e. lathes and milling machines.
- HNC or equivalent in relevant area.
- An understanding of pneumatic and electrical principles.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES - Essential
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to a basic level.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and the ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- CAD experience.
- Willingness to travel to suppliers and other sites both in the UK and occasionally overseas.