JOB SUMMARY - 6 months
To provide technical Manufacturing support in a busy Aerospace aftermarket manufacturing/repairs department and continue NPI (New Product Introduction).
- · To ensure that production processes remain capable (quality, quantity, safety & cost) by maintaining systems and processes for example maintain BOM’s, Process routings, planning(layouts), correlate Failure data, PFMEA’s Control Plans etc.
- · Implement Engineering and Manufacturing change Requests (ECR/ MCR in area of responsibility) and update/ change relevant supporting documentation.
- · Improve process performance through engineering improvements & continuous improvement (lean) activities.
- · Provide engineering technical (troubleshooting) assistance to manufacturing and quality personnel. To lead, when required, problem resolution activities i.e. create and complete/ support Route Cause Analysis (RCA).
- · Coordinate specific projects within the manufacturing area (i.e. facilities/ equipment moves)
- · Participate or Control and coordinate all additional manufacturing engineering related activities within area of responsibility i.e. Customer Returns, request for repair etc.
- · Support process/machine risk assessments and improvements.
- · Support the New Product Introduction processes as required and work alongside trained technicians to document SJI’s (Standard Job Instructions).
- · Oversee design and implement process tooling and fixtures.
- · Actively pursue new processing & technology methods to improve and ease the manufacturing process using CI (Continuous Improvement) Tools.
- · Any other activities as deemed required by the line manager.
- · Support product line management with transformation projects.