Full Stack Developer, Python
Looking for a talented full-stack developer with in depth experience of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies to build new internal and customer-facing solutions to support the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This is a new position, which requires a range of front-end and server side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful Full Stack Developer will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Operations team, you’ll also be working closely with development and business teams to create demand-driven applications that work with the software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new internal and customer-facing solutions which integrate with the systems, products and processes supporting the life science and healthcare sectors
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In depth experience of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies
- Practical understanding of web design and application frameworks, especially Django and Django REST Framework.
- Familiarity with RESTful web service APIs
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of DevOps technologies, e.g. cloud deployment and configuration management on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of installation/management of servers including configuration management tools such as Ansible
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.