Electrical Controls Engineer
As part of a multi-disciplined team and a modern engineering department, this role involves the continuous improvement of the Company’s world leading products through leading-edge electrical design. The Electrical Controls Engineer will be expected to implement effective solutions to ensure the Company’s systems remain at the forefront of technology.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree in an electrical discipline or equivalent qualification/experience (minimum HNC + experience)
- Good knowledge in the fields of field-bus systems (DeviceNet, Ethercat) and PLC control.
- Good knowledge in the design of drive systems, pneumatic control and automation technology.
- Experience in control of electro-pneumatic/mechanical systems, 3-phase power distribution and heater control systems.
- Practical knowledge of relevant legislation, directives and standards.
- Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body encouraged and preferred.
- Good experience of E-Plan software preferred.
- Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP).
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active and assertive.
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Electrical design of the Company’s bespoke special purpose scientific equipment.
- Development, planning and specification of electronic control systems, sub-systems and components.
- Covering fields of control, drive and sensor technology, pneumatic control, PLC and safety systems.
- Adopt the working practices of a modern engineering office and a company-wide quality system.
- Projects are conducted at both Group and local levels so some travel is expected.
Primary Task List
- The generation of detailed electrical diagram and drawings of power distribution and control systems suitable for manufacture.
- Contributing to cross-functional development project teams for engineering development projects.
- Developing and testing new control technologies appropriate for MOCVD systems.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the Company’s products and technology.
Secondary Task List
- Support production with issues occurring during manufacture.
- Support of essential design changes.
Working Conditions / Environment:
- A challenging and interesting position in a highly innovative and expanding global organisation
- Modern working environment
- Opportunities for personal development
- Attractive salary and benefits package