Looking for two experience Control Technicians for permanent positions in Hemel Hempstead. One on a Day Shift 7am to 7pm and one on a shift rota 7am to 4pm, 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am.
Both roles come with Disturbance allowances, Shift allowances and benefits
- Day to day operation and record keeping of all the operated Terminal activities.
- Inspection and maintenance duties associated with all facilities operated at site and off site installations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic mechanical/handyman skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and occasional demanding conditions.
- Good organised and logical approach.
- Basic IT skills.
- Good numeracy, communication and writing skills.
- Current full driving licence required
- Desirable but not essential: - Experience with tank farm operations and working with aviation fuel in a quality control environment with supervisory experience.
- Operating Authority responsibilities under the Permit to work system.
- Quality Assurance of aviation products delivered into WLPS pipelines.
- Operation of the Common User facilities including the waste water treatment process.
- Operation of process plant under the direction of Kingsbury Control Centre (KCC)
- Complete planned maintenance and inspections on allocated plant, and record in the CMMS
- Identify and record plant defects
- Complete time, training and accounting records in a timely manner
- Be trained in First Aid at Work, and fulfil the role
- Quality control checks and management of documentation for pipeline movements into storage facilities operated
- Quality control checks and management of documentation for deliveries into West London Pipeline facilities from storage facilities
- Oversee road tanker loading operations operated facilities.
- Fulfil the applicable role of Authority level assigned and delegated for work activities in accordance with the Permit to Work System.
- Operational control and day to day requirements and tasks of the waste water treatment process.
- Complete specified non-specialised plant inspection and maintenance duties at operational sites within the south sector.
- Ensure site cleanliness is maintained to a safe and proper level
- The ability to act with calm professionalism in the event of a site incident. To act as a Site Incident Controller, follow the procedures in the Emergency Response Plan, and to record and provide information to others.
- Maintain a flexible approach to working where required to cover additional shifts, and attend training sessions required for the job role.
- Working within the shift team, to cover days according to the planned rota.
- Decide on safety precautions required for works
- Decide on immediate priorities within the day to day operation.
- Plan routine duties and time to achieve set personal objectives.
- An ability to recognise hazards and act to make safe.