Business Development Manager
Currently seeking motivated, successful new business sales people to join the expanding sales team. You will need to demonstrate previous experience in self-generating leads, booking own appointments, driving own sales and creating new business opportunities. These skills are essential.
Person Specification Experience
- At least two year’s experience working in a field sales new business development role within a telecommunications/data company, preferably in a commercial fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in pbx sales/data connectivity/mobile sales/IT/lines and calls services.
- Some experience working with bespoke databases as well as good MS Office skills, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Achieving a monthly sales target of £15,000.00 GP, split between one-time and recurring business
- Attending appointments, either self-generated by cold-calling, networking and other prospecting activities, and by working closely with our telemarketing team
- Demonstrate strong time and territory management ability to maximise sales performance
- Sales in MPLS, Ethernet, P2P, Networks, Managed Service, Cloud Applications
- Provide weekly reports on own sales figures
- Write reports and make presentations to customers and senior management
- Provide full proposal documents outlining details to clients, and to own and manage own sales pipeline
- Work with Telemarketing and Internal Sales to keep updated with sales opportunities and projects
- Attend sales meetings and sales calls
- Attend regular product training and development sessions, as well as events and conferences where required
- Promote and maintain the brand
- The key responsibilities and accountabilities highlighted in this job are indicative and may vary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of this role.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
- Excellent customer service approach.
- Excellent listening skills and clear concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to self-generate opportunities.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, driven, approachable.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy.
- Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure, and keep to deadlines.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Company Car or Car allowance
- Annual leave starts at 23 days per annum and increases with service. Colleagues can also buy and sell leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Auto enrolment into Pension scheme
- Auto enrolment into Perkbox